Security is the most critical segment of the Kansas.gov network. Kansas.gov considers the security of our partners’ and citizens’ information critical. Documented steps are taken to safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess the newest technology for protecting information.
Sensitive information used in financial transactions, such as social security numbers, banking information and personal data is confidential. Kansas.gov is committed to protecting our partners’ and citizens’ confidentiality through the use of state-of-the-art information security and the adoption of appropriate privacy policies and procedures:
- The entire record request transaction occurs in a password protected, secured environment.
- All of the information is exchanged via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
- All information requests must pass through multiple hardware and software security firewalls.
- Communication with State databases is encrypted over the network via Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Kansas.gov maintains an online privacy log that tracks every record request when accessing billable or subscriber services.
- Kansas.gov audits users’ access to records when accessing billable or subscriber services.
Kansas.gov has adopted a Privacy Statement. This policy outlines access to and the display of citizen information. Kansas.gov will not sell or distribute user information.